The Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) has announced an impressive list of speakers for its 2022 conference. The program includes several government ministers, the chairman of the Moroccan Tourism Development Agency, the chairman and CEO of Royal Air Maroc and a number of Africa’s most influential hotel industry executives with the firepower to transform destinations. The event also facilitates an investment visit by invitation to Guelmim, described by Wanderlust as “the gateway to the Sahara Desert” and “one of Morocco’s best kept secrets”.
The conference program will welcome around sixty top executives, investors, bankers, government officials, consultants and other experts on stage to discuss all the important issues affecting the development and operation of hotels in Africa in general and Morocco in particular. Highlights include:
- Daniel Silke, one of Africa’s most charismatic economic and political commentators, discusses investment incentives with Fatim-Zahra Ammor, Morocco’s Minister of Tourism, Mohcine Jazouli, Minister’s Delegate i/c Investment, and Mohammed Abdeljalil, Minister of Transport and Logistics. He also examines the global economic outlook with Pat Thaker, chief economist at the Economist Intelligence Unit
- Rajan Datar, Presenter, BBC Travel Show & BBC World News interviews Abdelhamid Addou, PDG, Chairman & CEO, Royal Air Maroc
- Nick van Marken, a top hotel consultant, interviews Haitham Mattar, regional managing director of IHG Hotels & Resorts, and Jochem-Jan Sleiffer, regional president of Hilton, about the future of hospitality
- An exploration of Africa’s best hotel and domestic tourism development opportunities with the Chief Development Officers of Hilton, Louvre, Marriott and Radisson
- A case study looking at The Casablanca and Rabat CBD regeneration with Youssef Chraibi, Managing Partner, MAGESPRO Africa and Ewan Cameron, Director – Africa, Westmont Hospitality
- Rajan Datar interviews Amos Wekesa, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Great Lakes Safaris
- A panel discussion moderated by JLL’s Wayne Godwin featuring the directors of four major African hotel investors, Kasada Capital Management, Millat Investments, City Blue Hotels and Risma
- Louvre Hotels CEOs Pierre-Frédéric Roulot and PropCo Selina Saurabh Chawla are interviewed by Nick van Marken about their latest insights
- Africa’s hotel performance in numbers, with Thomas Emmanuel, Senior Director, STR
- Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard, Founder and Chairman of APO Group, discusses the power of mega-events with Amadou Gallo Fall, SVP NBA, President, Basketball Africa League, Jason Jennings, Group COO, Event Horizon and Robins Tchale-Watchou, CEO for hotel development, Vivendi-Sport
- Sessions on Branding, Construction Costs, Contingency Planning, Destination Development, Employment, Franchising, Hotel Design Trends, Hotel Development Pipeline, Leadership, Mixed Use Projects, Fundraising, Resorts, Scenario Planning, Supply Chain Management, Sustainability, Emerging Technologies and much much more!
Imad Barrakad, Chairman and CEO of SMIT, said: “Agadir and the entire southern coast of Morocco have seen some tremendous developments in recent years thanks to the leadership of His Majesty the King Mohammed VI and all the people who support and believe in them the success of this company. I look forward to hosting the global investment community in Taghazout very soon to show them the success story of Taghazout and all the potential and benefits the region has to offer.”
Matthew Weihs, Managing Director of The Bench, organizer of AHIF, said: “I am optimistic that this year’s AHIF will produce a large number of new deals for the following reasons. We meet in person for the first time in three years; we visit a destination that offers outstanding potential, not only the gateway to the Sahara, but also miles of unspoilt coastline looking west across the ocean; we are welcomed by a country that really understands the value of tourism; we have a high concentration of key players with the firepower to change a place; and we have an event format that allows for an exceptional level of productive networking in both casual and formal settings.”
Delegates attending this year’s AHIF (held from November 2nd to 4th at the luxurious Fairmont Taghazout Bay, a five star resort near Agadir) are encouraged to enjoy the resort over the weekend, as is The Bench, the organizer of the event, offering post-event weekend packages of golf, surfing, yoga and other activities to entice delegates to bring their partners and grow their connections in a highly convivial atmosphere.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Bench Events.
For more information and high resolution images please visit www.AHIF.com or contact: Anja Spice, +34 (0) 6 7716 4441, [email protected] or David Tarsh +44 (0) 7770 816 070, [email protected].
About the bank:
Over the past 25 years, Bench has built a legacy of delivering business forums and conferences in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America. It has built a solid reputation for delivering immersive virtual events, thought-provoking masterclasses, and innovative B2B digital strategies to its clients. The live events portfolio includes: AHF, the Adria Hotel Forum; AviaDev, the African Aerospace Development Conference; IDEEA, the IDEEA Hotel Investment Forum; SAHIC, the South American Hotel Investment Conference; SPACE, the Investment Conference for Efficient Buildings; SHIC, the Saudi Arabian hospitality investment conference; AHIF, the Africa Hospitality Investment Forum; FIHA, the Forum De L’Investissement Hotelier Africain; GRIF, the Global Restaurant Investment Forum and RENEW Real Estate for a New World. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020, Bench Digital has successfully hosted seven fully virtual conferences with a total of 626 international speakers and 30,023 participants from 140 countries.
SMIT (Moroccan Agency for Tourism Development) is the government company in charge of tourism development in Morocco. Since its establishment in 2007, SMIT has actively carried out the tasks of the Moroccan tourism strategy through the conception of tourism projects. Identifying and mobilizing land for development, market research and feasibility studies, promoting investment opportunities and strengthening both private initiatives and public-private partnerships are core activities.
This press release was issued by APO. The content is not monitored by the African Business editorial team and the content has not been reviewed or validated by our editors, proofreaders or fact-checkers. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.