NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
This “ultimate” pasta is a true dinner.
“The ‘Ultimate Pasta with Bacon and Peas’ is made without cream. Pasta water, olive oil and Parmesan cheese add the perfect touch of creaminess and accentuate the smokiness of the bacon and sweetness of the peas,” says Grace Vallo, creator of the recipe blog tastefullygrace .com, who notes that the addition of shallots and garlic is a nice touch, too.
“Orecchiette is the perfect pasta shape that ‘encapsulates’ each ingredient so each bite is just as good as the last,” says Vallo.
HOW TO MAKE BURNT END MAC AND CHEESE: RECIPE
Feel free to experiment with different types of pasta until you find your favourite.
MEET THE AMERICAN WHO INVENTED THE “CLEAN, HEALTHY” CORN DOG
The Ultimate Bacon and Pea Pasta by Grace Vallo of TastefullyGrace.com
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 pound orecchiette pasta
12 ounces bacon, diced
1 cup frozen peas
3 medium shallots, finely chopped
1 large clove of garlic, chopped
½ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or Parmesan, plus more for garnish
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup reserved pasta water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Salt to taste
- In a large dry saucepan over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside in a separate bowl. Drain the liquid fat from your pot, leaving only the drips (tiny little bits of bacon) on the bottom of the pot. Place the pot back on the stove and add the olive oil, garlic, and shallots. Turn heat to medium and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, place the pasta in boiling water. Cook al dente according to package directions.
- Once the shallots and garlic are sautéed, add the frozen peas and sauté over medium heat until the peas are hot and light green, about 4-5 minutes. Add bacon and black pepper. Stir and heat for 1 minute.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to save some pasta water. Drain the pasta and add to the pot with the bacon and peas. stir.
- Add ¼ cup pasta water, parmesan, and salt to taste. Stir until combined.
- Serve hot, in pasta bowls, with a spoon or fork!
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
This original recipe is owned by tastefullygrace.com and shared with Fox News Digital.