WGN Entertainment reporter Dean Richards shares a Lemon Garlic Pasta recipe inspired by actor Chris Pine.
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 large garlic cloves chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more
- 1 large lemon juice and zest
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
Check out Dean’s previous recipes on his cooking page.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Add chopped garlic and red pepper flakes; Cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from stove.
- When you have drained the pasta, place the pan with the garlic mixture over medium-high heat. Add drained, cooked pasta and ¼ cup reserved pasta water; throw for coating. Cook and stir until heated through, adding more pasta water if the pasta seems too dry.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving bowl or platter; Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.
Get Dean’s reviews and A-list interviews straight to your inbox. Sign up for Dean’s Downloads weekly newsletter. You also get his Dean Cooks recipes!
Suggest a correction