Vista’s New Brews, HEB’s Celeb-Packed Grill, Mama Kong’s Piggy Wings and more …: All the news that will make your taste buds tremble – Food

0


Here’s some of what’s happening in Austin’s huge and multivalent culinary scene, as evidenced by numerous PR releases, official posts, words on the digital street, and even the occasional (verified) IRL tap.

Yes it is yours Food news buffet for the first week of July 2021:

The Brewski is true, you see?

Fourth of July comes up faster than a band of righteous American rebels who run to slaughter King George’s redcoats, so we have some event and merch recos here and of course for you guys these is also nutritionally relevant: Vista Brewing Out in Driftwood is bringing out two new beers for the holiday weekend – a Session IPA called “Home of the Brave” and at American lager naturally called “Land of the Free”. These will be available from July 1st in the brewery and in the Hill Country Galleria … And tangential, Independence Brewing recently introduced its new one blurred IPA, “Pure Stoke”, which “is carried by the ebb and flow of tropical New Zealand hops” …

(Maybe I want to stock up on some Premium tea also for the long hot months that lie ahead, right? Note that the Taste killer lovers at Zhi Tea some are already running excellent sale lately, and they’ve never steered us wrong, beverage-wise …)

HEB is speeding up the country’s birthday earlier this year with a Barbecue Open Livestream – available via the HEB Facebook and YouTube channels – with 12 full hours Grill tips, cooking techniques, recipes and other droolable content, flavored by a dozen Texas celebrities (including Camila Alves McConaughey, Alex Bregmann, Nastia Lutkin, Randy Rodgers Band, the Houston outlaws Player, Austin FC Player, Aaron Watson, and more) offering tips and tricks from their backyard while they grill their own vacation treats. That will work Thursday, July 1st, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., by the way …

And, alas! Parents! Children eat for free on Independence Day! They do that anyway at all Freebirds World Burrito locations – where buying an adult appetizer also conjures up a meal, free, from the so-called Weebirds Children’s menu …

Mama Kong’s Chicken Wings Stuffed with Pork? Oh! Yes, please!

Still there is a day In front July 4th, right? And that is … * quickly works out with a calculator app * … why, that is … 3rd of July? Yes! In fact, it’s next Saturday – when local culinary champions Mama Kong will debut a series of pop-ups with them chicken wings stuffed with pork. Note: “Each chicken wing is boned by hand, stuffed with seasoned pork and then deep-fried.” And the first pop-up with these labor-intensive Cambodian delicacies from Mama Kong is from lunchtime until the sale at Kitty Cohen’s excellent Eastside Club …

And – do you know what’s really great on the fourth weekend, when the sun is a little less scary than usual (maybe because it has an extra shift on the Pacific Northwest atm)? Picnics! Picnic is great! And we think there isn’t much better picnic-like than cold and tasty chicken salad. And you know where you come from quite a few different types of it, Law? You know Austin’s own Chicken Salad Shop on Burnet, right? Ooooh baby you’re welcome

Lick x Tiny Pies = lemon-lime-meringue ice cream, FTW

But in July the US doesn’t just celebrate saying at some point: “Try my patriotically coarse boot, you dough-faced, mutton-lined oppressors!” No, it’s National Ice Cream Month too. That’s why Lick Honest Ice Creams and Tiny Pies have teamed up to bring a stunning new flavor to the market that serves decadent nostalgia with every bite Lemon and lime meringue cake ice cream – available as a scoop, pint or half pint throughout July at all locations of both stores – or via the Goldbelly app. Bonus: A portion of the proceeds from this citrus forward indulgence will go to the Ronald McDonald House charities in central Texas and San Antonio …

Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams meanwhile battles with the heat of summer a range of new flavors in addition to your regular menu with delicious new products that you can get online or, for example, at your popular SoCo location (208 S. Congress): Rocket bang (falls on July 8th); Mango Cheesecake Swirl (15th of July); Orange frost (22nd of July); High five candy bars (29th of July); and Golden nectar (6th of August). And the last one? The golden nectar? They say it tastes great a chilled summer chai, mmmmmmmm, and is sprinkled with carbonated toffee bits …

And you know them starving paper-wrapped Sammices, those famous Antone Po ‘Boys that you can find in the legendary nightclub itself, local HE-Bs, and other worthy locations? You can now find them at the airport too, with the ABIA, which offers three new locations for Antones Po’boy outlets, with those tasty roast beef packets, the pork forward pig, that delicious tuna salad and more …

We announced a beer upstairs (like we were a hundredth of an Eric Puga) and called our favorite tea company. But what about wine? Here are definitely a few Texas News in this regard: The Texas Wine Growers Association, “a pioneer in the honest labeling movement,” celebrates the recently passed law that new regulations for labeling Texas wine. Previously, a wine could be called Texas wine as long as at least 75% of the grapes used in the bottle came from anywhere within the state, even if the remaining 25% came from outside the state. That still applies, but the new law, which came into effect on Jan. district Label means 75% of the grapes must come from that county (and the remaining 25% from somewhere in Texas); the AVA Label means 85% of the grapes must come from that county (and the remaining 15% from somewhere in Texas); and the Vineyard Label means that 95% of the grapes must come from this vineyard (and the remaining 5% from somewhere in Texas). Got it? And all the math makes you thirsty? Suggestion: Buy Texas Wine.

OK. Well, citizens – eat the best you can, tip like it’s gone out of style, and anything but kindness.



Source link

Share.

Leave A Reply